Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Memory Lane


So here I am, back again in my humble abode.
Waking up in a hot summer morning and counting down the days before my birthday, I realize a couple of things..

First, I am getting older (not only by age, but my virtue). I must say I have done a few things in my life that I may regrets but I am still lucky to be here and experience the world in another time and space. Future is what I mean.

Second, I lost a lot of people but I gained better ones. This is probably one of the best things in my life that I had to be thankful for.

So before I bequest another chapter of my life's journey, let me introduce you my life before.
Backward just a few years back.

People would say, I am a miserable person, simply because I don't talk that much but when I do, I tend to be mean. But not all the time.. I am a rational person and that's why I use my brain more so often than my mouth. I went back to college (after graduating my first course which is something technical - Engineering) and followed my first love and passion - ARTS.



Ever since I was a kid, I have been fascinated by science and technology but in its creative form. I am in love with colors and vibrancy and I have been a fan of extraordinary things. I may not have traveled and conquered the world just yet, but I know I have lived my life that way I should be.

I am a dreamer, always has, always will.. And I will continue to dream and learn and live by it. Every single day of my life. So bringing back memories always makes me smile. The fact that I haven't done this for sometimes (and I need to hone my writing skills more often than I should) and this is my perfect time to rant about it.

I would like to say, well.. I have been in a pedestal for quite sometime. When I was in college, I was so motivated to work hard to earn good grades because I asked my parents a favor of helping me find my dream so taking me back to college was a big feat given that my family only has enough to offer. Oh yes, we aren't that rich. Lemme say, we are of middle class, we can afford things others can't but we don't spend too gallantly as upper class just because we had enough. 

Maybe my college years (in Ateneo) wasn't all sugar and spice and everything nice. It was painful (at the end of the road, given I was the eldest of the bunch). Teachers have higher expectations and my classmates were, well.. I couldn't explain. Furthermore, I cannot guarantee I had the best time of my life (just yet because I couldn't understand how being classmates with all girls mean that you have to chatter everything from clothes, to food that you eat, the preferences, what you can buy, etc..)

If someone is reading this now, I think I know her reaction, it would be that I am as mean and crazy as I can be. And that I am hated by everyone. Not quite no. I don't usually defend my side of the story whenever things get so complex. I talk to one person to express myself and then I let them hate me, more. 

But it wasn't all that bad in college. I can say that there are some good stuff. First, I was able to learn a lot of things. This that I use in PR today. I took a summer training in IAFT (International Academy for Film and Television) during my last summer year in college (Red Tape Productions) and I was lucky few who was able to use dollies and stuff. (but no, I don't have photos as it was prohibited inside the Bigfoot) but I accepted the challenge and be gone.




And oh yes, before graduating, I was the first who joined the short film category for Metro Manila Film Festival. Alyssa, made the pre production idea. We came up with this short film about sisterhood, genre : HORROR/SUSPENSE. For some reason, we want to make them but not really a big fan of horror flicks. 


  
 These photos were post production photos coz I can't find the rest. We had 8 shooting days (for an actual 20-min film), 5 post production days, 3 pre production meetings only. I know, we should have longer plans before production but because of our busy schedules, we weren't able to meet. Most of us were graduating students and had some responsibilities so it was a tight call. Anyhow, we passed, got into the cut but we never made it as far as the gala night. Simply because there are a lot of better productions but I am glad we tried. I mean, there's no harm in trying right?

And that was just fun.
I may not have continued it for now, but in time I will push it.

I love doing all sorts of crazy, especially adventure and sports. You see, when I was younger, I played baseball (softball) and basketball *for my height, I know its quite unusual*
So I while I was in Davao, when time permits and budget fits, I would.


 So I thought wall climbing was hard. Since I do trekking and mountaineering, it was a breeze. I mean, not really but I'd say, I did it faster than the average joe.


Ok, so I don't have all the shots in the world since we didn't really intend to do all these.. so I gather you understand. hahaha.. well, yeah.. these are some of my friends. Most of them guys who wants to try extreme sports too. The last photo was from our wakeboarding escape. 







My first year back in school was a lot challenging. I met few people and become friends with some. Back in my first school (MSU-IIT), I made kind of a noise. I was so involved with extra curricular and got one of the highest position in an organization. I was the college Governor (president for some universities) and I was also a debating team, member of the publication, joined all the Literary events and also a cheerleader. But I decided to lie low in Ateneo. I don't want to break barriers because I already finished all the crap and the drama of politics and orgs.

I was able to join the publication committee in FYDP though. During my first year in college, I was tasked to join a Ignatian Cup Essay Writing contest for English. I really didn't expect to win but I did so that was the reason why I was a committee member of this publication, we call it YEAR ONE, its a freshmen thingy and since I started all over again in this school, I did what I had to do. 

It was fun. 
I love major classes in school. I love writing and events organizing, TV Productions, making music videos, making advertisements, shooting videos and doing radio shows. It was fun. Too fun for me I forgot how it was in the outside world.








 I was involved with Media and the Arts. I wrote for publications and newspaper but only for a short time. 
It was fun because I dealt with my strength. My passion for film came out later. My love for writing started when I was younger and I was able to hone it in college.

Ateneo was a fun environment for socio-political propaganda. During my final year in college, I was able to experience all these in a high class university. I realized that these people are not your average Joes too. A lot of them are fun and dedicated and were good with what they do. Some of them are, sad to say, arrogant though. Maybe it comes with a package. I'm not saying all though... there are alot of good men and women in Ateneo.

MAGIS! Men and women for others and AMDG (Ad Majora dei Gloriam) comes so quickly amongst fellow Ateneans.






These are people outside my comfort zone. I took classes outside Mass Communications Major which was Business Management and Finance. There I met my international friends. Since Ateneo was a top school and it also has programs that suits your needs (hahaha.. advertisement)..

And finally, the last photos were memories.



We had this project and we adopted this community in the local area. These kids are orphans and are also sick. It was very touching to experience what it was like to have nothing. We also had another community exposure but I wasn't able to include it here. This was my favorite though coz I love kids.



Porchers and Sec officers. In my last college year, I became a Sec. But it wasn't as 
active as it was before. 

Radio DJ-ing with Mushy Marj.




Awards nights. 2 Semesters of Awards nights. :) Oh yes, I have awards.




First recollection! I miss recollections. Back in High School, we have all sorts of these stuff because I also came from this Catholic School. :) 












These are my friends. Team Rhyge (originally). Named after the only guy in the group.

Soooooo.. that's just part of my story.
I'm tired now so I better get some sleep.

Good night world.


0 comments:

Post a Comment